Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily for business (visa category B-1), tourism, pleasure or visiting (visa category B-2), or a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2). If you hold a Canadian passport, please visit the following website at https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/ and https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/do-i-need-a-visa/ for more information.
If you do need to apply for a nonimmigrant visa, please follow the steps below.
Note: If you are under 14 or aged 80 or over, or if you previously received a U.S. visa that expired within the last 12 months and you are returning to the United States for the same purpose of travel, you may be able to obtain a visa without coming to the consulate for an interview Click here to learn how to apply using the Consulate's Drop-off Service.
How to Apply ?
There are several steps to apply for a visa. The order of these steps and how you complete them may vary at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you apply. Please consult the instructions available on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate website where you will apply.
Complete the Online Visa Application
1. Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160---Learn more about completing the DS-160. You must: 1) complete the online visa application and 2) print the application form confirmation page to bring to your interview.
2. Photo ---You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160. Your photo must be in the format explained in the Photograph Requirements.
Gather and prepare the following required documents before your visa interview:
1. Passport valid for travel to the United States - Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the United States, unless exempt by country-specific agreements (PDF - 57 KB). If more than one person is included in your passport, each person who needs a visa must submit a separate application.
2. Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page.
3. Application fee payment receipt, if you are required to pay before your interview.
4. Photo---You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160. If the photo upload fails, you must bring one printed photo in the format explained in the Photograph Requirements.
For most attendees, it is easier to apply for a Tourist ("L") visa; an invitation letter is NOT required for obtaining a Tourist visa.
For more information, please check with local Chinese Embassy in your country or visit: https://visaguide.world/us-visa/requirements/
Alternatively, participants may ask their travel agents to arrange their travel to France and obtain a tourist visa irrespective of whether or not they have registered with the Conference Secretariat.